cd text for audio cd

Post your suggestions for future improvement of DeepBurner here

Moderator: SolA

cd text for audio cd

Postby Stephan on Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:44 pm

Would it be possible to add the possibility for writing cd text to an audio cd?
Stephan

Postby Stephan on Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:31 pm

:cry:

Hopefully soon. :) But thank you.
Stephan

Postby Steven Burn on Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:49 pm

I'd like to second this request, and further, add a request for "true" audio burning as DP currently burns audio tracks (i.e. .wav, .mp3, .ogg) as data CD's, which means it won't play on music systems.... only PC's.
Steven Burn

Postby admin on Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:26 am

You can burn MP3, OGG, and WAV files as AudioCDs. Just select the approptiate option before starting a new project :)
Get big stay HUGE!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steven Burn on Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:31 am

I've already tried this, and they still burn as data CD's :(
Steven Burn

Postby admin on Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:05 am

Would be helpful if you could post some steps here of what you did..
Get big stay HUGE!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steven Burn on Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:36 pm

All I did was load the program, select "Create audio CD", dragged some MP3's over to the CD window, then clicked the button to burn them.
Steven Burn

Postby admin on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:36 am

Correct. And if you then open the recorded disk with Windows explorer, files of what type will you see on the CD?
Get big stay HUGE!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steven Burn on Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:49 pm

If I open the CD in explorer, it shows them as .wav's
Steven Burn

Postby admin on Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:28 pm

Impossible. What size those files are?
Get big stay HUGE!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

cd text with cd audio

Postby famewolf on Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:43 pm

In the meantime you can try this...

http://www.burrrn.net/

Burrrn is a little tool for burrrning audio CDs with CD-Text from various audio files. Supported formats are: wav, mp3, mpc, ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, ofr, wv, m3u, pls and fpl playlists and cue sheets. You can also burrrn EAC's noncompliant image + cue sheets! Burrrn can read all types of tags from all these formats (including ape tags in mp3). Burrrn uses cdrdao.exe for burrrning.
famewolf

Postby MDB on Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:26 pm

Iowajazz wrote:Getting back to topic, I also would like very much to see support added for writing CD text. This, to me, is an essential feature in creating audio CDs.

CD-text is a good idea, but there are nearly no players which can make use of CD-text, so why it is essential?
MDB

CD-TEXT

Postby wired420 on Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:52 pm

I use CD text on every CD I make. You say that hardly any players support this? Maybe you should open your eyes. Goto walmart and almost every CD player $100+ has this feature. Further more I have a $2000 Sony head unit with a HD that stores these disks on a hard drive after it plays them. With no CD-Text it simply shows up as unknown artist - track #. I've been a long time user of DeepBurner pro. I can no longer use this software unless CD-Text is added. I'll be looking for it in future releases but can no loner feasibly give support to DeepBurner PRO or recommend it to anyone as I've done in the past. It no longer works for what I need and the changes that would need to be added are minor. I guess I'll have to go get Easy CD Creator by roxio or maybe even nero.
wired420

Postby boardtc on Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:54 pm

It seem like even if I upgrader to the pro version, there is no cd text. Is this correct?

Reading this thread though, led me to http://www.burrrn.net/download/burrrn_package.exe which I'll have to test, but it's unlikely as good as deepburner.

Why is this not added in the pro version?

Thanks, Tom.
boardtc

Return to Suggestions