I am evaluating DeepBurner Pro to try to replace Nero. I'm just tired of the bloated mess that it has become and the constant errors I encounter with Nero.
DeepBurner Pro 1.9 just installed 4/26.
LIte-On DVD burner drive (max 8x) has worked fine now for a couple of years.
Using Verbatim 8x DVD-R media. Very reliable and consistent quality, I've burned 300 or more.
For all burning, I put the blank media in the drive and let the drive settle down (light goes out after interrogating media) before moving to the "burn it" page. As the device is initialized by DeepBurner Pro, the speed list is acquired and displayed in the running log.
When I burn data DVDs, the "speed list" and the scale at the bottom of the project are correct for the media and device: 4x, 6x, 8x and shows a 4.7GB capacity in the scale. The data DVDs burn fine at 8x (not one single coaster yet) and can be used just fine in any computer (I checked each one so far).
When I burn DVD video files (a VIDEO_TS set you know), the scale at the bottom is for a 700MB CD and the speed list only comes up with 25X (4.4MBs). Right off the bat DeepBurner should know the format is DVD because I selected DVD video files to burn. The DVD seems to burn fine, there are no errors or notes in the log to indicate otherwise. However, the DVD will not play in any stand-alone DVD player that I've tried. The DVD WILL PLAY however in both my laptop and desktop machines using Windows Media Player. So there's video on there, somewhere, but something is preventing hardware players from finding it.
I burned the exact same DVD video files with Nero to the same drive on the same media and it played well in both computer and stand-alone hardware players. I'm not saying Nero's better, only showing that my devices and media and VIDEO_TS set are workable.
This may be a known issue or similar to other posts for which I appologize. I saw one post recently about this but it wasn't exactly the same so I posted this with some more information.